Web Content Management Consulting drives many Siteworx engagements. Because WCM is a core building block of an effective web presence, it’s essentially the engine that drives many of the most important elements of a successful website. When considering WCM consulting services, it helps to start with a clear idea of how WCM fits into your business.
Why Web Content Management (WCM) Matters to Your Business
If you’re considering a WCM solution, it helps to define your business and communications goals—and your required WCM features—around a common set of objectives.
Key WCM Capabilities to Consider
- Customer Experience — Does your WCM help you ensure a holistic approach to understanding customers’ needs and how they are served through the online channel? Most advanced WCM solutions incorporate some level of analytics which you can use to supplement and enhance third-party analytics tools.
- Contextual — Most advanced WCM solutions also provide the ability to apply explicit and implicit personalization based on user profile data or website behavior.
- Consistent — Particularly for companies and organizations that support multiple websites that must be centrally managed, your WCM solution will enable your content and business owners to maintain consistent brand elements across all sites and channels; i.e., Web, mobile, email, print.
- Community — Your WCM should enable integrated and easy access to user engagement tools such as polls, threaded discussions, access to social networks like Facebook and Twitter, etc.
Web Content Management Consulting Services
Over a decade, Siteworx has built a vital WCM Consulting practice with expert practitioners across all platforms – open source, custom and commercial WCM systems.
Our WCM practice managers start every WCM consulting engagement by researching and analyzing stakeholder needs, business goals, technical objectives and technology constraints. We’re technology agnostic, and that extends to our WCM planning process. So, while we partner with leading WCM vendors such as Tridion and Sitecore, we are equally adept developing and integrating custom WCM solutions, or working within the constraints of an existing WCM to integrate and deliver new capabilities.
Our WCM clients represent leaders in their brand categories such as Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, the American Psychological Association, the Heritage Foundation and GE Energy.
Our WCM consultants will provide detailed recommendations around the WCM solution that’s best suited for your organization and will address key components, including:
- Online brand management across multiple websites
- Globalization and localization
- Online targeting and personalization
- Analytics, testing and optimization
- Rich media integration
- Social networking and portal integration
- Multi-channel features – online, print, email, etc.
Whether your challenge involves implementing a new WCM or simply making incremental improvements to the WCM you already have in place, Siteworx can help you:
- Re-engineer workflow to enable more agile and distributed publishing capabilities
- Reduce operational and development costs
- Enhance functionality to support the delivery of the feature-rich capabilities that end-users expect i.e., eCommerce, enhanced/faceted search, rich Internet applications, etc.